Saturday

Joys of Motherhood...and stuff

Well, I guess after our exciting summer vacation ended, I haven't had time to post...or, maybe I haven't deemed our summer sappenings worthy of posting. I really don't have anything to post about in particular tonight, but just felt the blog could use an update.

I guess I could post about the beginning of school. It's always been so exciting to start a new school year! I'll admit this year (and last if I'm gonna be just real honest) are not bringing the excitement and joy that my previous 30-something years have. I'm just tired. Just really tired. It's late though, and M has been wearing me out lately. She's getting some monster 2 year old molar that is causing her incredible pain. She cries a lot because it hurts so much, and she's just generally cranky and difficult right now. I'm just worn out. Oh, and then I have three other kids. And I'm homeschooling them. There's also my husband. I'm spread pretty thin right now, and feeling oh so weak and incapable. But what a sweet promise that I have from Jesus: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Boy, does His power have the opportunity to be made perfect in me. I've often joked that I was going to get a shirt that read on the front, "i am weakness," and on the back the above verse (from 2 Cor. 12:9). Maybe I really should--even if only to remind myself.

Motherhood is such an incredible gift from God. I can't think of much greater, actually. I'm honored and humbled that God has called me to it, and that He's gifted me with the four most precious children I could have ever hoped to have. But motherhood may possibly be the most difficult, time-consuming, and exhausting job that there is. I'm definitely, without a doubt, not worthy of this calling, but praise be to God that he has chosen D and me to raise these incredible children! How blessed we are!

As a side note, M is now in my lap (it's 11:20 pm) begging and crying for coffee. She's asked for it a couple of times lately, and, feeling sorry for her with the tooth coming in and all, I've given her coffee with milk and sugar. I didn't think much of it, and I was glad that it made her happy and temporarily distracted her from the pain. Anyway, I think the child is addicted now! Oops! My bad. Motherhood mistake number...oh, I've lost track now, but certainly not the first mistake, and probably not the last. Okay, now she's throwing a fit on the floor, so I guess this post is over. And it was just getting interesting!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Holly,
As a homeschooling mom of 4, I echo your cries! My 18mo. old has 3 molars coming in and I was told today by our dentist that our 6yr. old will be getting 4 new molars any day now. What fun. An older man in the waiting room at the dentist office was quite amused by watching me try to keep a handle on all four kids for 2 hours with NO toys! He finally asked me, "So, how do you stay sane??" I laughed and said, LOTS of prayer! I had no other words of wisdom to offer, but was amazed that he thought I was "staying" sane because most days I'm just not so sure!

I'm very familiar with the verse you referenced. It's been on my kitchen counter for weeks now. Can I have one of those T-shirts too?